Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thank You

Thank you for lying to me about loving me for so long;
It has taught me to be more careful on who I trust with my love.


Thank you for breaking my heart with your every word;
It has taught me to protect it better, and not to love so easily.


Thank you for pointing out my weaknesses repeatedly, and exaggerating them;
It has taught me to repair myself for the person who will love me despite them.


Thank you for not feeling guilty for anything you have done to me;
It has taught me you don't deserve to care for me in any way.


Thank you for demanding that I be someone I am not;
It has taught me that I am better without you, I am better being myself.


Thank you for not allowing me to have an identity;
It has taught me to be more demanding on what I need to be happy.

Thank you for not caring to satisfy me for so long;
It has taught me that I was never your type and you are not the right one for me.


Thank you for sharing your intimacy with another man;
It has taught me I was right not to trust you, and makes it easier to find that one who will sacrifice for me instead of their own urges.

Thank you for throwing my mistakes in my face repeatedly;
It has taught me that you are desperate and cold.

Thank you for proving everyone right about you;
It has taught me to trust my friends more and take their advise.

Thank you for never believing a word I say or letting me defend myself;
It has taught me I no longer need to hear your voice or see your face.

Thank you for not forgiving me for my shortcomings and mistakes;
It has taught me I am a better man for forgiving you.

Thank you for hurting me every chance you can anyway possible;
It has taught me I don't need you in my life and am better on my own without your constant battering.


Thank you for showing me that I am worthless and you are flawless;
It has taught me that I was only worthless in your eyes, and you will repeat your mistakes with everyone else.


Thank you for not loving me the way I deserved;
It has taught me that there is someone else who will love me unconditionally.


Thank you for forcing me to give up so much, including those around me;
It has taught me who my real friends are, and who I can rely on.


Thank you for not caring if I am happy or not, for so many years;
It has taught me that real happiness is without you.


And finally,
Thank you for showing me life was not worth living without you;
For it has taught me that there is so much more waiting for me now that you are out of it.


Thank You.



1 comment:

  1. You're in my constant prayers. Love you tons! Aunt Sheryl

    ReplyDelete