Thursday, June 25, 2009

Underwater


I'm drowning underwater,
Holding my breath so tight.
Struggling to reach the surface,
Reaching out for the light.

Struggling in the murky water,
Haze like memories found.
Seconds tick past, perhaps the last,
Don't know up from down.

Time is running short,
Darkness paints my skin.
Unsure of how I'm living,
I've forgotten where I've been.

I reach out for something,
My breath almost gone.
One more try, one last chance,
But I don't know for how long.

Why have I fallen,
Why am I here?
I guess it's not so bad,
Once you get over the fear.

Embrace with flailing arms,
Accept the faith without sight,
Hope is a stranger in me,
Destiny controls my life.

I'm drowning underwater,
I've struggled my last fight.
I cannot find the surface,
I cannot find the light.



Jaysen Towers

No comments:

Post a Comment